Monday, May 18, 2009

Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies

I think every family has a chocolate chip cookie recipe they call their own. In my family, this chocolate chip cookie recipe is almost a religion. It's not weirdly top-secret though. It's just our trademark. For some reason, the cookies I make taste much different from the version my mother whips up. Not bad-different, just different. Nevertheless, the cookies are heavenly...no matter who makes them. In fact, my old piano teacher even gave us a placard for Christmas one year that says "Life's Short...Eat Cookies." I must say, I don't disagree.
Recipe:
1 C. butter (softened)
1/2-1/3 C. packed brown sugar
2 eggs (room temperature)
2 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 C. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
3 C. any kind of chips...be crazy...be experiemental
Cream butter and sugars until fluffly. Add vanilla. Add flour and baking soda gradually. Stir in chips. If you wish add nuts or oatmeal for a true textural experience. Plop spoonfuls on ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375 for 9-15 minutes depending on the monstrosity of your cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment