Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Paula Deen, I gotta give you credit.



I admire Paula Deen for a number of things:
primarily, her liberal use of ingredients like sugar, cream cheese, sour cream, and the almighty **sugar**.
This recipe yeilds about three dozen fluffy, moist, flaky, crispy, chewy vanilla sugar cookies.
You might wonder "How can one cookie posess ALL cookie qualities?"
I don't have an answer for you. But I promise you'll see what I mean when you try this simple recipe.
If you're turned off by recipes with lots of ingredients, this is the recipe for you. It's the epitome of low key.

Whatcha need:

1 cake mix (your choice)
1 brick cream cheese (I used the full fat--like Paula would)
1 stick unsalted butter
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
about 1 cup of powdered sugar (enough to roll each cookie dough ball in)

1) Preheat the oven to 350.
(you won't need the oven for some time, but I just thought I'd tell you the temperature in the traditional point in the recipe)

2) Beat softened butter, cream cheese, vanilla, and egg until thoroughly combined, light, and creamy. I always make the mistake of leaving chunks of cream cheese in the butter mixture....probably a result of my inherent need for cookie dough.

3) Mix in cake mix.

4) Refrigerate cookie dough for at least an hour.

5) When the dough isn't so gooey, roll each 2-3 tablespoon cookie dough ball in the powdered sugar. It would be best to give each ball a heavy coating of powdered sugarif you want a visible coating because most of the powdered sugar is absorbed in baking.

6) Bake for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned on the edges.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment