Thursday, May 14, 2009

I like my cow patties a little warm and gooey.

Some people call these wonderfully warm chocolate lovelies "No Bake Cookies," but I much prefer the "Cow Patty" terminology. Maybe it just comes from the fact that I'm a native Oklahoman. Or maybe I'm just amused by base body humor. Or maybe I just like naming things by the way they look. Cow patties aren't pretty, but they're tastier than those hoity toity bakery delectibles. They've got this incredible chocolate-peanut butter-oatmealy thing going on (and this time I snuck in some Nutella...just because).

The Recipe:
The following goes in a big sauce pan:

2 cups sugar
1/3 cup cocoa powder (I used Hershey's dark chocolate this time)
1 stick butter
1/2 cup milk

Boil for one minute and remove from heat.

Stir in (in this order):

1 tsp. vanilla (imitation is fine)
1/2 cup peanut butter (I used crunchy)
3 cups oats (I used quick oats)
and if you're feeling adventurous....a glob of Nutella :)

Drop on wax paper or parchment paper. Let 'em cool until hardened...or not. I much prefer not. I recommend them in the warm and gooey stage with ice cream.

The Play-by-Play:

No comments:

Post a Comment